Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike G Mike G is offline

Default Automating entries in Word

I have a standard contract in MS Word and the entries I make are scattered
all over the document. Can I automate it to "TAB" (or other means) to jump
to the blank areas that needed filling in. ? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Mike G wrote:
I have a standard contract in MS Word and the entries I make are
scattered all over the document. Can I automate it to "TAB" (or
other means) to jump to the blank areas that needed filling in. ? TIA

What you're describing is a "protected form". See
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for a quick tutorial.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike G Mike G is offline

Thanks Jay....just finished an experiment with "bookmarks" but seems clumsy.
Will try the template approach, this will take a long time as the contract
document is 23 pages long. (Darn lawyer crap)

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Mike G wrote:
I have a standard contract in MS Word and the entries I make are
scattered all over the document. Can I automate it to "TAB" (or
other means) to jump to the blank areas that needed filling in. ? TIA

What you're describing is a "protected form". See
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for a quick
tutorial.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike G Mike G is offline

Was pretty easy....had to revert to Word 2003....don't know how yet in Word
2007 ( they "fixed" it and made it more better)

Mike G wrote:
I have a standard contract in MS Word and the entries I make are
scattered all over the document. Can I automate it to "TAB" (or
other means) to jump to the blank areas that needed filling in. ? TIA

What you're describing is a "protected form". See
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for a quick
tutorial.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The same formfields are available under the Legacy Tools item of the
Controls section of the Developer tab of the Ribbon.

You may however want to investigate the use of Content Controls that are
introduced with Word 2007, though not if the documents need to be used with
earlier versions as well.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Mike G wrote:
I have a standard contract in MS Word and the entries I make are
scattered all over the document. Can I automate it to "TAB" (or
other means) to jump to the blank areas that needed filling in. ? TIA

What you're describing is a "protected form". See
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for a quick
tutorial.

--
Regards,