Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default AutoOpen

A template that I'm preparing to distribute was running AutoOpen correctly
when I would open a document based on it. But when I move it to Startup,
reboot, etc., so that it's an Addin, AutoOpen doesn't run. Does the routine
need a different name when it's in an Addin, or is there another way to make
it run automatically? It needs to run in order to load a toolbar.

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:22:07 GMT, "christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com"
u3143@uwe wrote:

A template that I'm preparing to distribute was running AutoOpen correctly
when I would open a document based on it. But when I move it to Startup,
reboot, etc., so that it's an Addin, AutoOpen doesn't run. Does the routine
need a different name when it's in an Addin, or is there another way to make
it run automatically? It needs to run in order to load a toolbar.

Name it AutoExec (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ionEvents.htm).

Bewa an AutoExec macro in an add-in runs before there is any document, so any
statement that refers to or assumes the presence of a document will throw an
error. Loading a toolbar should be ok.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman