Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default AutoText entry

I've set an Ask Field for the addressee information in a letter. In the
second page header I placed a reference field to the addressee as well as
date and page fields.

When I try to retrieve the letter through autotext, the first page appears,
but not the second page header with the reference, date, and page fields.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for this and all of your past help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Does the autotext entry contain the two pages?

While there are more ways that one to skin a cat, a more common way of
achieving what you are after would be to create a template containing a
userform to obtain the addressee information from the user.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

and the following pages of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

--
Hope this helps.