ranfan

Default Macro for timestamp and save as

I have a production list where staff click in a field to show the time a page
is completed. I also need to have the document saved everytime the do this.

I have assigned F12 for the time stamp but can't figure out how to add the
save as well.

Also is it possible to save it as a doc and html (so other department can
view w/o having access to the original file everytime they click F12? thanks.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cmFuZmFu?=,

I have a production list where staff click in a field to show the time a page
is completed. I also need to have the document saved everytime the do this.

I have assigned F12 for the time stamp but can't figure out how to add the
save as well.

Also is it possible to save it as a doc and html (so other department can
view w/o having access to the original file everytime they click F12?

Do you already have a macro? Is that what's assigned to F12? In order to simply
save the document, add this line of code:

ActiveDocument.Save

If you also want to save as HTML you need to record the saving actions in a
macro, then copy that code into your existing code.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)