LaRae Chasteen

Default How to capture non-printed text for use in header? [styleref]

Good day,

My document of meeting minutes will be divided into sections, with each
section carrying different text in its header--I know how to do this using
StyleRef, but...the text in the body will NOT exactly match what is required
in the header. Example:

Text in body: [bold] MONDAY EVENING, AUGUST 19, 2002
Text in left header: [not bold] August 19, 2002
Text in right header: [not bold] Monday

Note difference in font, case and string itself. It is at the location of
this entry that I want to start a new section with its unique header text.
Other people will use this template--would be optimal if they could enter the
info with main text stream rather than editing each section header.

How can I do this if the text required in the section's header does not
appear anywhere in the body of the document?

(I tried referencing a character style with hidden text, but unfortunately,
it is also hidden when referenced by a field.)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,
LaRae

Finicking, but it could be done with StyleRef. Create a character style
(including All Caps) for the day and another for the date (also All Caps)
and apply them to the appropriate words; use the corresponding StyleRef
fields in the headers. If these character styles are applied to form fields,
they will not be lost when users enter the requisite data, but protecting
the document for forms may be too high a price to pay for this
functionality.

"LaRae Chasteen" LaRae wrote in message
[...]

How do I use text within the header for the table of contents? cinlog Microsoft Word Help 1 June 13th 05 10:07 PM
Header changes with text outside of header Connie Martin Microsoft Word Help 3 February 22nd 05 06:58 PM
How to protect text in header without disabling following header? Lady Tech Page Layout 1 January 22nd 05 12:57 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
merge data in a header or text box does not save JPCT Mailmerge 2 December 1st 04 03:45 PM