Paul (ESI)

Default Macros (Typed characters that make a picture)

I THINK that I've heard what I'm about to describe is called a macro. I was
wondering, however, if anybody knows of a site or sites where you can find
pictures that you can create in word from typed characters. In other words,
just a bunch of random stuff like or ( or ^ that can be used to make a
somewhat elaborate picture (in other words, not just one of these fellers:
O_o).

I've seen ones of all sorts of things, such as the Scream ghost face guy,
and a particularly rude one that... shall we say... tells you that you are
number one in not so nice a way. I've also seen ones of the American flag.
I'm not sure what to call them, (I thought they were called macros, but that
doesn't help in a search engine, because macros are also something else, as
most of us know) so I have not been able to find them.

--
Have a nice day!

~Paul
Express Scripts,
Charting the future of pharmacy
Jay Freedman

Hi Paul,

Nope, nothing at all to do with macros. The search term you want is "ASCII
art" -- there's tons of it on the 'Net. For example, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_art and follow the links at the bottom.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Paul (ESI) wrote:
I THINK that I've heard what I'm about to describe is called a macro.
I was wondering, however, if anybody knows of a site or sites where
you can find pictures that you can create in word from typed
characters. In other words, just a bunch of random stuff like or (
or ^ that can be used to make a somewhat elaborate picture (in other
words, not just one of these fellers: O_o).

I've seen ones of all sorts of things, such as the Scream ghost face
guy, and a particularly rude one that... shall we say... tells you
that you are number one in not so nice a way. I've also seen ones of
the American flag. I'm not sure what to call them, (I thought they
were called macros, but that doesn't help in a search engine, because
macros are also something else, as most of us know) so I have not
been able to find them.

Paul (ESI)

Okay, now that is awesome!!!

. .