Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phil.hiett

Default Very simple, very aggrivating MS Word Problem! A quickie to solve!

Somehow on Word I've managed to change the option of overwriting
highlighted text.

I like highlighting sections of text i want to edit, and then retyping
over the top. Before, this used to erase the highlighted text, and put
the new text in its place.

But somehow i have changed an option, so now it doesnt erase the
highlighted text when i start typing, simply adds to it!!

I can't get used to it, and its very annoying. I've been trawling the
help and options for the fix to this (which is obviously very simple)
but I just cant find it!

Please someone tell me where the option is so I can finish my
dissertation without pulling all my hair out!!

Cheers all

Happy New Year

Phil Hiett
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You can keep your hair; just go to ...
Tools Options Edit tab, and check "Typing Replaces Selection".

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"phil.hiett" wrote in message
Somehow on Word I've managed to change the option of overwriting
highlighted text.

I like highlighting sections of text i want to edit, and then retyping
over the top. Before, this used to erase the highlighted text, and put
the new text in its place.

But somehow i have changed an option, so now it doesnt erase the
highlighted text when i start typing, simply adds to it!!

I can't get used to it, and its very annoying. I've been trawling the
help and options for the fix to this (which is obviously very simple)
but I just cant find it!

Please someone tell me where the option is so I can finish my
dissertation without pulling all my hair out!!

Cheers all

Happy New Year

Phil Hiett

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phil.hiett

Default Very simple, very aggrivating MS Word Problem! A quickie to so

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KTJ

Tony,
I had the exact same problem. Thank you so much for your answer. It was
especially agravating when I tried to make corrections when using speech
recognition.
Thank you!
Karen