Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bykachk

Default troubleshooting opening files

Everything that I save to work can not be opened. when I try to open the
file it say file not available
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

bykachk wrote:
Everything that I save to work can not be opened. when I try to open
the file it say file not available

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are running Norton AntiVirus, disable its Office Plug-in.

"bykachk" wrote in message
news
Everything that I save to work can not be opened. when I try to open the
file it say file not available

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Where are you selecting the document from? If you are selecting from the
recently used file list or Work menu, Word may simply be telling the truth
if the document is no longer where you saved it.

bykachk wrote:
Everything that I save to work can not be opened. when I try to
open the file it say file not available

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This often happens to me. I rename a file based on later information (for
example, a client letter whose effective date has changed), then
absent-mindedly click it on the MRU list. Of course, Word can't find it
because it's been renamed.