Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Per

Default Saving templates as .doc files

Hello.
I have some word templates into a web folder stored at one of my companys
server. In the .html files its a link to the templates and by clicking at the
link the template is opening, but as a template file.
I should like to open it as a copy and if possible when i choose save or
save as, directly to a folder that has been decided earliere. The
configuration should only be set up for the templates, not to word as a
general option.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean-Guy Marcil

Per was telling us:
Per nous racontait que :

Hello.
I have some word templates into a web folder stored at one of my
companys server. In the .html files its a link to the templates and
by clicking at the link the template is opening, but as a template
file.
I should like to open it as a copy and if possible when i choose save
or save as, directly to a folder that has been decided earliere. The
configuration should only be set up for the templates, not to word as
a general option.

Thanks for any help.

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;278627&FR=1

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Per

Thanks for your help, the template file is no opening as a new document.
But maybe you can help me with this challenge.
After the document has been written I would like the user to save it to a
specific shared networkfolder. Normally when you like to save it, Word
suggest to save it in the folder you have choosed under "File location". To
be sure that the user save it to the folder i would like him to save it I
should like to foreordain the file location when saving the file.

Thanks for any help on this.

Jean-Guy Marcil skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

In the document template (not normal.dot) you could intercept the filesave
and filesaveas calls with the following code:

Sub FileSave()
Dim sFolder As String
sFolder = Options.DefaultFilePath(wdCurrentFolderPath)
'change the next line to your requirements
ChangeFileOpenDirectory "D:\My Documents\Test\Merge\"
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
ChangeFileOpenDirectory sFolder
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub
Sub FileSaveAs()
Dim sFolder As String
sFolder = Options.DefaultFilePath(wdCurrentFolderPath)
'change the next line to your requirements
ChangeFileOpenDirectory "D:\My Documents\Test\Merge\"
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
ChangeFileOpenDirectory sFolder
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

When you save a new document created from this template, the macro saves the
current folder path to a variable, changes the folderpath to a folder of
your choice - here "D:\My Documents\Test\Merge\" - pops up the save as
dialog and then after saving in the chosen folder returns to the original
folder path and puts the current document path in the title bar.

As it stands it will not warn the user if the filename exists - and it is no
substitute for user training