Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sponge

Default labels and formulas

I need to print a label that has a chronological numbering format that
increases by changing the first number. EX: (it all has to be right aligned)

-11450 -11453 -11456 -11459
-11451 -11454 -11457 -11460
-11452 -11455 -11458 -11461
I goto Toos/Letters & mailings/ Envelopes & labels and choose label 5267.
Please let me know if there is a calculation or formula that I need to use to
create this so that when I am done with one set of numbers on the label all I
would have to do is change the first number and they all change instantly.
Can you help me. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Sponge,

You could use a series of SEQ fields, with the first one set to 11450 and
the '-' outside the field. See Word's on-line help for more details.

If you put the fields in a table, the sequencing goes across then down if
you put each field in its own cell, and down then across if you put all the
fields for a given column in separate paragraphs within a cell.

Cheers

"Sponge" wrote in message
I need to print a label that has a chronological numbering format that
increases by changing the first number. EX: (it all has to be right

aligned)

-11450 -11453 -11456 -11459
-11451 -11454 -11457 -11460
-11452 -11455 -11458 -11461
I goto Toos/Letters & mailings/ Envelopes & labels and choose label 5267.
Please let me know if there is a calculation or formula that I need to use

create this so that when I am done with one set of numbers on the label

all I
would have to do is change the first number and they all change instantly.
Can you help me. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sponge

Dear Macropod,

Thank you for responding to my email. I am sorry to say however that the
answer did not help me. I do not know if it is because I do not understand
the answer. I looked in to the SEQ fields which according to the info online
was under INSERT/ reference/ caption. I was not able to create what I need
for my label and am not sure if I am doing it right. If you have any other
suggestions that might help me I would ever so appreciative. Please let me
know. Thank you. Cheers.

Your truly,
Sponge

"Sponge" wrote in message
I need to print a label that has a chronological numbering format that
increases by changing the first number. EX: (it all has to be right

aligned)

-11450 -11453 -11456 -11459
-11451 -11454 -11457 -11460
-11452 -11455 -11458 -11461
I goto Toos/Letters & mailings/ Envelopes & labels and choose label 5267.
Please let me know if there is a calculation or formula that I need to use

create this so that when I am done with one set of numbers on the label

all I
would have to do is change the first number and they all change instantly.
Can you help me. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although SEQ fields are used in captions, Insert | Reference | Caption is
not the only (or even the best) way to get a SEQ field. Use Insert | Field |
Seq or just press Ctrl+F9 to insert field braces and type Seq \identifier
between them.