Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark

Default Picking up first 2 characters of mergefield

I have a field which say has XX/06/234567, I want to be able to have another
field which just picks up the XX.

Is this achievable? and if so can someone assist me with the mergefield
coding, please.

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This is not achievable in a field. You should do it in the data file. It
should be fairly straightforward to do so in Excel.

Mark wrote:
I have a field which say has XX/06/234567, I want to be able to have
another field which just picks up the XX.

Is this achievable? and if so can someone assist me with the
mergefield coding, please.

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark

Thanks Graham,

I can do it in Excel okay, but the data comes from a mainframe system
directly into word so the excel option idea is a no go.

--
Mark

Mark wrote:
I have a field which say has XX/06/234567, I want to be able to have
another field which just picks up the XX.

Is this achievable? and if so can someone assist me with the
mergefield coding, please.

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Move it from Word to Excel, fix it, move it back. (Given that doing it in
Word is a no-go also...)

Mark wrote:
I have a field which say has XX/06/234567, I want to be able to have
another field which just picks up the XX.

Is this achievable? and if so can someone assist me with the
mergefield coding, please.

Mark

How do I limit characters typed into a Word Table cell? Maureen Microsoft Word Help 2 May 7th 23 02:51 PM
Supress blank lines Jan Mailmerge 5 March 6th 06 03:52 PM
formatting from a database in Word 2003 DowningDevelopments Mailmerge 2 February 9th 06 08:19 AM
Weird characters (double question marks) in text Jan Fransen Microsoft Word Help 2 September 19th 05 05:17 PM
International characters in mail merge sandra Mailmerge 1 December 23rd 04 05:42 AM