Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summerfun

Default after protecting a document, I can't fill it in

I am designing a form to be filled out by our customers and then emailed back
to us. After I design the form and then protect it. I save it and when I
bring it back up, it won't let me fill in the form fields, making the form
useless. What am I doing wrong? I am using the text box for the fill in
areas, the text form field only gives me a shadow area and when I type in it
it pushes my text to the next line, changing the structure of my form. Any
help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Summerfun
(and it's barely Spring now, sigh)

Summerfun wrote:
I am designing a form to be filled out by our customers and then emailed back
to us. After I design the form and then protect it. I save it and when I
bring it back up, it won't let me fill in the form fields, making the form
useless. What am I doing wrong? I am using the text box for the fill in
areas, the text form field only gives me a shadow area and when I type in it
it pushes my text to the next line, changing the structure of my form. Any
help?

You need to use formfields. When these change your layout, you might
want to place them in fixed-size table cells.

A good primer can be found he

I'm designing a form that needs to have €śfill-in-the-blanks€ť lines. What
is the best way to create them? (by Suzanne S. Barnhill and Dave Rado)
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think the primer Bob is referring to is found in the series of articles by
Dian Chapman that is linked from the article he cited and also from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm