Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sbohanan

Default Can you change normal.dot and have it affect all users after?

I want changes to become the default for all users on the
computer/organization. Is there a way to get word to change the defaults
without having to go into each profile?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Don't change normal.dot. Distribute your customizations as document
templates (workgroup templates) and as additional global templates. Use
Office Policies when setting up your computers. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"sbohanan" wrote in message
I want changes to become the default for all users on the
computer/organization. Is there a way to get word to change the defaults
without having to go into each profile?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sbohanan

I guess I'm not familiar with Office Policies. I know how to move templates,
but thank you for the links. I learned a few things I didn't know.

Is there a way to set the workgroup template directory for all users on a
computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Distributing macros to other users" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...buteMacros.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.