Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shari

Default Transferring Word files from one computer to another

I'm in the process of setting up a new XP computer and I'm wondering how I
can easily transfer my Word files from the old computer (Windows 98) to the
new computer. I'm using a flash drive to transfer between computers and am
able to transfer one file at a time, which is very time consuming. Is there
a way to transfer all Word documents and nothing else? My computer's My
Documents folder contains files other than Word but I just want to transfer
Word files.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

How small is your flash drive and how large are your files?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Shari" wrote in message
I'm in the process of setting up a new XP computer and I'm wondering how I
can easily transfer my Word files from the old computer (Windows 98) to
the
new computer. I'm using a flash drive to transfer between computers and
am
able to transfer one file at a time, which is very time consuming. Is
there
a way to transfer all Word documents and nothing else? My computer's My
Documents folder contains files other than Word but I just want to
transfer
Word files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Windows Explorer, sort by file type, which will group all the .doc files
together so that they can be copied or dragged to the flash drive all at
once. But it would make a lot more sense to create separate folders within
My Documents for your different file types.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM
Is there a Fast Search in Word? [email protected] New Users 14 February 11th 05 08:43 PM