Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

Default Saving a word document as an excel spreadsheet

I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel spreadsheet. Can
anybody help me?

Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Did you try copy and paste?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Paste Special - unformatted text.

--

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

that didn't help either. I guess I'll end up having to type all the docs on
the spreadsheets.

thank you anyway!

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

What does the text look like in Word? Is it in tabbed lines or in a table?
It *can* be done.

--

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess
I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_26_] Henk57[_26_] is offline

Moof:
Converting as such is not the problem, but to get a sensible structure
is. The leading principle to remember is that a tab divider prompts
Excel to put the next data in the next cell on the same row, while a
hard return prompts a new line (row). Pls tell me more about what the
Word structure is now and what the desired Excel structure , so I can
try to guide you more concretely.
HTH