MacDomB

Default How can I type a letter with the Russian cyrillic alphabet in Word

How can I type a letter with the Russian cyrillic alphabet in Word?
Opinicus

"MacDomB" wrote

How can I type a letter with the Russian cyrillic alphabet
in Word?

For starters, you have to install a Russian keyboard from
the Control Panel. Have you done that?

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Paul Gorodyansky

MacDomB wrote:

How can I type a letter with the Russian cyrillic alphabet in Word?

See step-by-step instruction in the
"Russian Keyboard: standard and phonetic" of my site.
It's even has a small chapter about Word at the end.

--
Regards,
Paul Gorodyansky
Earl Whitney

Sorry, Paul. Your instructions did not work. In fact they were hard to
follow and incomplete. Here's an easy one for you since you are an expert
and I am an idiot. When I installed Office 2003, where did my Cyrillic font
go? I had one called Cyrillic but it no longer exists.

"Paul Gorodyansky" wrote:

MacDomB wrote:

How can I type a letter with the Russian cyrillic alphabet in Word?

See step-by-step instruction in the
"Russian Keyboard: standard and phonetic" of my site.
It's even has a small chapter about Word at the end.

--
Regards,
Paul Gorodyansky
"Cyrillic (Russian): instructions for Windows and Internet":
http://RusWin.net
Russian On-screen Keyboard: http://Kbd.RusWin.net

Hello!

Earl Whitney wrote:
Sorry, Paul. Your instructions did not work. In fact they were hard

follow and incomplete.

It's a questionable opinion
Many other people think differently, here is just a couple of notes:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...ne_log.htm#eng

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...kbd_e.htm#uni1

Here's an easy one for you since you are an expert
and I am an idiot. When I installed Office 2003, where did my

Cyrillic font
go? I had one called Cyrillic but it no longer exists.

It means two things:

1) You just browsed and NOT read the _complete_ section of my
site called 'Russian *fonts* and encodings' -

it does explaine where your font go - it explains that
it did not go anywhere it's just MS Office, starting from
version 97 do NOT work anymore with non-Unicode non-MS
*very old*, made for Windows 3.1 (!) fonts

2) You did not read somehow the last chapter of the
Russian Keyboard section I suggested - while ti explains
how new Office works with fonts and keyboard tools -
for a user to be able to type in Russian.
Here is the direct link to that last chapter of that section: