Jennifer C. South Bend

Default Merge files keep selecting their own fields. How to fix?

I have a lot of merge files connected to one database. The ones that are
treated as letters are fine. HOwever, my reports, which I have in as
"Directory", are all screwing up. I select the fields in the merge window
that I want (under "advanced), the data looks fine. I perform the merge to a
new document, but all of the data from the Excel spreadsheet comes with the
information I want.

Please help me someone!
Graham Mayor

It is difficult to understand what you are describing here. Essentially a
directory merge will reproduce everything in your merge document not in the
header/footer for each record - each immediately following the previous
record.
You may find http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
useful for all merge types.

Jennifer C. South Bend wrote:
I have a lot of merge files connected to one database. The ones that
are treated as letters are fine. HOwever, my reports, which I have
in as "Directory", are all screwing up. I select the fields in the
merge window that I want (under "advanced), the data looks fine. I
perform the merge to a new document, but all of the data from the
Excel spreadsheet comes with the information I want.

Please help me someone!

Jennifer C. South Bend

One example: I'll choose "Choose COntractor" as empty and "Verified" as "Y"
when choosing which fields I need in my list.

It picks the correct ones, I click "okay"

I click "Merge to new document" and ALL the records show up.

Now, can I change this directory to some other format where the lists of
folks will show up in table format on one page?

Thanks for your help!

Jen