Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yuno Hoo Yuno Hoo is offline

Default How do I create custom address labels in Word 2002?

I want to design a page of address labels with graphics. My idea is to print
them in color and then use them as needed to run off single or multiple
addresses.
How do I do this? When I go to ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes and
LabelsLabels it won't let me design a label in the little box.
So if I choose New Document from there, I get a page of blank labels but
after I design a label I can't reproduce it for the whole page of labels. It
won't copy or paste the design I have created from one label on to the other
blank labels.
If I create the design I want on a full page (new document) and save it as a
template, I can't import the template into labels.
There must be a way of doing this surely. Any help appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
You don't need to import the edited page into the label wizard - you can use
it as a basis for mail merge as it stands.

Yuno Hoo wrote:
I want to design a page of address labels with graphics. My idea is
to print them in color and then use them as needed to run off single
or multiple addresses.
How do I do this? When I go to ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes
and LabelsLabels it won't let me design a label in the little box.
So if I choose New Document from there, I get a page of blank labels
but after I design a label I can't reproduce it for the whole page of
labels. It won't copy or paste the design I have created from one
label on to the other blank labels.
If I create the design I want on a full page (new document) and save
it as a template, I can't import the template into labels.
There must be a way of doing this surely. Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yuno Hoo Yuno Hoo is offline

Thanks for your reply, but the same thing happens in Tables.

I create the table (2 x 7), then design the graphic in the top left cell,
but it won't copy or paste from that one cell to the others.

Also, I'm trying to put two graphics into the cell, and just can't
manipulate them around to the positions I need.

Any further advice?

Thanks again.

"Jezebel" wrote:

A page of labels is just a table. Create the design in one cell, copy,
select the whole table, paste.

"Yuno Hoo" Yuno wrote in message
I want to design a page of address labels with graphics. My idea is to
print
them in color and then use them as needed to run off single or multiple
addresses.
How do I do this? When I go to ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes and
LabelsLabels it won't let me design a label in the little box.
So if I choose New Document from there, I get a page of blank labels but
after I design a label I can't reproduce it for the whole page of labels.
It
won't copy or paste the design I have created from one label on to the
other
blank labels.
If I create the design I want on a full page (new document) and save it as
template, I can't import the template into labels.
There must be a way of doing this surely. Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

IN that case you're not actually creating the graphic within the table. The
method *does* work. Check where the graphic is anchored.

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What don't you understand? The linked articles explain how to add graphics
to labels and how to use labels in a mail merge? Have you read them?

Yuno Hoo wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand.