Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
cbeck

Default Starting view crops top and bottom of page

For some strange reason, Word opens with my page's top and bottoms cropped off.
I correctly start in normal view with rulers, my page is 8.5 x 11 portrait,
but my page and ruller on the side only show 0 - 9 inches (11 inches with the
margins cut off). I opened my normal.dot tempate to make sure it's got the
correct page size. Funny thing is, when I load the normal.dot file, the view
looks like it should, with the full page and rulers (the margins on the ruler
are greyed to show where the margins are). So loading the normal.dot fixes
the view - why doesn't windows start correctly?
I checked tools/options and everything looks correct. I don't know of any
change that I made before this except I was trying some new page layouts.
But all of those should have been reset when I open a new doc - right? I
made sure all of the page setting and print settings are back to 8.5 x 11
default settings.

Thanks for any help - this is pretty annoying.
cbeck