Find a document

Old May 20th 09, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christa

Default Find a document

I have hundreds of letters set up in different files and when I need a
specific one, I often cannot find it. Is there a find feature if I need to
locate a letter whose general name I am close to knowing or know?
Old May 20th 09, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Use the Find utility in Windows (press Windows key + F). You can search for
file names or, alternatively, for file contents, if necessary.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 20th 09, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Use the Windows search function to find whatever you know is present in the
document.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old May 20th 09, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carrie[_2_]

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Use the Windows search function to find whatever you know is present in
the document.

When I'm not sure of the file name, I use the "advanced" and put in the
date, or time span I think it was modified.
This usually works better (for me anyway) than trying to find it going by a
name I don't remember for sure.

Old May 20th 09, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)

Windows Search can search within the document as well - all you'd need
to know is a unique term or phrase that would be contained within the
document.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP