jmdolphin

Default 6 word files minimized, open one of them and the others open too?

How do I stop other word files that are minimized from opening when I open
one of them??
CyberTaz

Hi jm-

Perhaps you are just being deceived by the way the program & OS work.

Remember that a Minimized file _is_ open, it just isn't occupying any space
in the application's viewing area. It will remain open but minimized until
you choose to restore or maximize the window containing the document.
Depending on your Options setting for 'Windows in Taskbar', the open docs are
available from the Word button on the Taskbar or as individual buttons at the
bottom of the Word application window (but above the toolbar). If the
'active' docuemnt window is maximized, it will hide those buttons from view.

In either case, a list of the files currently open, minimized or not, will
appear in the Window Menu so you can select one to be restored whenever you
want.

If thia isn't what you are finding to be the case, please let us know what
version of Word & Windows you are using and what specifically makes you think
the doc windows are all maximizing/restoring at once.

Regards |:)

"jmdolphin" wrote:

How do I stop other word files that are minimized from opening when I open
one of them??

Michelle

Just double-click on the one you want, the others should stay minimized.
Don't go to Windows/Tile, that will open windows for all of them.