Change the color of a font

Old August 11th 05, 05:38 AM
Aerozona

Default Change the color of a font

How do I type add words to a document, but have the words I add in a
different color.
Old August 11th 05, 05:59 AM

You can change the font color directly using the Font Color button on the
toolbar or through Format | Font, but I suspect what you're looking for is
the Tools | Track Changes feature.

Old August 11th 05, 06:49 AM
Aerozona

This is close, but not what I am trying to do. A sixteen page "questions and
explain" paper was sent to me to assist in an upcoming test. The font the
questions are in are black and I want my responses to show in blue.

The frustrating part is having to go to the tool bar everytime I answer a
question and move to another part of the paper.

Is there a way to leave the questions in black and hav my responses in blue?

Old August 11th 05, 09:46 AM
Graham Mayor

Create a paragraph style (or character style) with the blue font and assign
a keyboard shortcut to it.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can change the font color directly using the Font Color button
on the toolbar or through Format | Font, but I suspect what you're
looking for is the Tools | Track Changes feature.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

Old August 11th 05, 08:09 PM

Better yet, create an Answer paragraph style and make it the following style
for the Question style. Then when you press Enter at the end of a question,
you'll hav a paragraph in Answer style.

Old August 12th 05, 05:47 AM
Graham Mayor

I had considered adding that option, but the document may have a space for
the answers and/or the answers may be required on the same line as the
questions.

Old August 12th 05, 04:47 PM
Aerozona

I formatted and named a paragraph but when applying the new style it changed
the entire paragraph to blue question and all.

How can I get just the font to change when addressing each line of
questioning or explain. . .?

Old August 12th 05, 04:54 PM
Aerozona

Here is an example:
• Explain the argument that this kind of government regulation of consumer
products is paternalistic. What are some responses to this criticism? Such
regulations are paternalistic toward consumers, undermining their autonomy.
It may be, however, that consumers often don’t choose a product freely, since
it is impossible for them to be fully informed about all products;
regulations help protect consumers’ autonomy rather than undermine it.
Regulations may be important for protecting some third party (e.g. taxpayers).

Old August 13th 05, 07:15 AM
Aerozona

I simply am looking to have anything I type no matter where I type it to
appear in blue without having to go the the tool bar after every answer I
give. You see, following each entry by me and as I move to answer other parts
of the "review" I want to see at a glance which parts of the sixteen page
file has been answered and what part needs work.

Is this possible?