Pat

Default INSTALLING A PRINTER

Have a Dell with Windows XP and an HP5550 printer. I cannot install the
printer. Get to a point where the notation is that Windows XP does not
recognize this HP 5550 printer.
--
Thanks, Pat
CyberTaz

Sorry Pat-

This is a MS Word newsgroup. You'll get much faster & more direct response
if you contact HP.

Regards |:)

"Pat" wrote:

Have a Dell with Windows XP and an HP5550 printer. I cannot install the
printer. Get to a point where the notation is that Windows XP does not
recognize this HP 5550 printer.
--
Thanks, Pat

Pat

Thanks for that.....I have contacted HP to no avail. I am expending any and
all resources I can at this point. If you have nothing concrete to offer you
don't need to respond.
--
Thanks, Pat

"Pat" wrote:

Have a Dell with Windows XP and an HP5550 printer. I cannot install the
printer. Get to a point where the notation is that Windows XP does not
recognize this HP 5550 printer.
--
Thanks, Pat

CyberTaz

In view of the fact that you made no mention of having contacted HP *at all*,
I believe my offer was quite concrete. Have you also checked the Windows XP
newsgroups? You might also try:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=winxp

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?pr=1173

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e....mediacente r

The point I was making is simply that the issue is apparently an OS/Hardware
matter and that the readers of this forum are far less likely to be able to
address it for you effectively because they are primarily word processing
professionals, not technicians.

I regret & appreciate your frustration, but there is no need to vent it on
me or anyone else on this newsgroup.

Good Luck |:)

"Pat" wrote:

Have a Dell with Windows XP and an HP5550 printer. I cannot install the
printer. Get to a point where the notation is that Windows XP does not
recognize this HP 5550 printer.
--
Thanks, Pat

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I can tell you that the 5550 works with Windows XP. Mine is sitting happily
on the corner of my desk.

And the others are correct - this has nothing to do with Word.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]