Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kara

Default Envelope Mail Merge from .xls all records rather than selection

I am working on a mail merge Word 2003 envelope document using an Excel
(.xls) datasource. I am having difficulty only printing or editing the 5 or
6 recipients I have selected out of the 1,000 recipients in the datasource.
Below is the process that I am following and the only way that I can get it
to work is if I use a .csv rather than a .xls but I want the spreadsheet to
contain more than one workbook so a .csv will not work for me.

1- Open Word
2- Select Tools Letters and Mailings Mail Merge
3- Select Envelops as the Document type
4- Select Next: Starting document
5- Select Envelope size
6- Select Next: Select recipients
7- Browse to Excel (.xls) document
8- Select the correct worksheet
9- Select Clear All
10- Select 5 or 6 recipients
11- Select Next: Arrange your envelope
12- Arrange envelope
13- Select Next: Preview your envelopes
14- Select Next: Complete the merge
15- Select Edit individual envelopes
16- Select All merge records
17- Click OK

This then merges all 1000 records rather than the 5 or 6 selected. How do
I get it to consistently print or edit the selected recipients rather than
the entire list?

Thanks,
Kara