Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DWIGHT

Default Header footer

I ahve a document in which I can not view the header or footer. I have tried
the "white space" trick and no luck. I can not see the page numbers on the
bottom nor the header in any mode including Print preview or when printed.
The document is a scanned and OCR'ed document with "Track Changes" enabled.
At first I could see and edit the Header but now can see neither. Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DWIGHT

I understand. i am tring to add one along with page numbers. No problem with
a blank document but i cn't seem to do it in this one.

"DWIGHT" wrote in message
I ahve a document in which I can not view the header or footer. I have
tried
the "white space" trick and no luck. I can not see the page numbers on the
bottom nor the header in any mode including Print preview or when printed.
The document is a scanned and OCR'ed document with "Track Changes"
enabled.
At first I could see and edit the Header but now can see neither.
Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DWIGHT

Nothing exceptht the cursor blinks once or twice. It must be something with
the document as I can view Header/Footer in a blank doc.
Dwight

"DWIGHT" wrote in message
I ahve a document in which I can not view the header or footer. I have
tried
the "white space" trick and no luck. I can not see the page numbers on
the
bottom nor the header in any mode including Print preview or when
printed.
The document is a scanned and OCR'ed document with "Track Changes"
enabled.
At first I could see and edit the Header but now can see neither.
Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

This looks like a corrupt document.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/doc...corruption.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"DWIGHT" wrote in message
I ahve a document in which I can not view the header or footer. I
have
tried
the "white space" trick and no luck. I can not see the page numbers
on
the
bottom nor the header in any mode including Print preview or when
printed.
The document is a scanned and OCR'ed document with "Track Changes"
enabled.
At first I could see and edit the Header but now can see neither.
Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DWIGHT

Thank you. I tried copying everything but the last par mark to a new blank
document and everything appears to be fine.
Dwight