Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gaynor Wall Gaynor Wall is offline

Default Different numbering in header and footer

I have a 600 page document that has over 100 sections. I need to number each section in the header with the section page no. and total number of pages in that section ie. Page 1 of 5 or Page 3 of 6. I then need to have the page number for the whole document in the footer. I can insert the number of pages in each section but haven't worked out how to insert the which page number it is in that section, it always inserts the same number that is in the footer.

JavaScript Autosize TextArea - .charCodeAt
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ize-texta.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Gaynor,

The following field code, placed in the header, creates X of Y page numbers for individual Sections.
{QUOTE{IF{PAGE}= 1 {SET Section0 0}}
{IF{PAGE}{NUMPAGES} {IF{={SECTIONPAGES}+{REF {QUOTE Section{={SECTION}-1}}}}={PAGE} {SET {QUOTE Section{SECTION}} {PAGE}}}}
"Page {={PAGE}-{REF {QUOTE Section{={SECTION}-1}}}} of {SECTIONPAGES}"}

If the Section headers are linked (ie 'same as previous'), you'll only have to put the field code in the first Section.

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod