Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AllisonM AllisonM is offline

Default Unwanted lines in Word Documents

Please help...I've tried everything I can.

Whenever I open a new word document, or an existing document, I am seeing
horizontal lines running across the entire page. And, whenever I open a
newsletter from a template that I've been using, I see lines running
horizontally AND vertically, so that it looks like tiny little boxes all over
the page. This happens to me when I am in the "Print Layout View" and not
the "Normal" view. I open documents in Print layout view and I can only see
the lines in this view.

I've turned off the "Show Gridlines" option on the page, there is no
background on the documents, and I cannot select the lines.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The "Show Gridlines" you referred to is probably the one on the Table menu,
which applies only to tables. The lines you see are controlled by a
different setting.

Display the Drawing toolbar. Click the Draw button at the left end and
choose Grid from the popup menu. In the dialog that appears, uncheck
"Display gridlines on screen".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman