Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
APBM

Default can we call data for mail merge from two databases

I have one word document. For mail merge purpose I want to call data from two
excel sheets. For example i want to call Name and Address of the clients from
one Excel sheet and transactions details from another excel sheet. Is it
possible to do so? if yes, How?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QVBCTQ==?=,

I have one word document. For mail merge purpose I want to call data from two
excel sheets. For example i want to call Name and Address of the clients from
one Excel sheet and transactions details from another excel sheet. Is it
possible to do so?

Not directly, no. Are the transaction details in an one-to-many relationship
with the addresses - IOW could there be more than one item listed?

If that's the scenario we're looking at, go to the Mail Merge FAQ on my website
and look in the "Special merges" section. There's a short discussion there about
one-to-many merges, with links to sample documents for the three basic
approaches you can use. The one that should work for you is the Database field
method.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org