Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jude jude is offline

Default how to replace a template image with my own image

how to replace a template image (avery 5164) with my own image, replacing in
the exact same place so that I don't have to realign my image. (I've also
noticed the first label on the right hand side is misaligned on the template,
does not have the same white space between text boxes and image)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?anVkZQ==?=,

how to replace a template image (avery 5164) with my own image, replacing in
the exact same place so that I don't have to realign my image. (I've also
noticed the first label on the right hand side is misaligned on the template,
does not have the same white space between text boxes and image)

What do you mean by "template image"? Please tell us exactly where you're
currently seeing this, and in which version of Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jude jude is offline

Using WORD 2003 HELP, I downloaded template Avery label 5164, template has an
image already: I called this "template image". I need to replace that image
with my own image without having to delete the existing image, because if I
delete the existing image in the template and I go: INSERTIMAGEfrom
file... my new inserted image will not automatically fall in the same exact
place where the "template image" is. The same template has text boxes; I can
delete the text and replace with my own text without moving the box, so the
layout is intact. I also want to replace the template's existing image with
my own image and leave the location of all elements intact. I am used to
using professional graphics programs that can replace image and leave the
"image placeholder" intact. Maybe I am asking too much from WORD since it's a
word processor and a not a page layout program, but sometimes customers
request WORD files because they know how to edit them.

Thanks in advance.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?anVkZQ==?=,

how to replace a template image (avery 5164) with my own image, replacing in
the exact same place so that I don't have to realign my image. (I've also
noticed the first label on the right hand side is misaligned on the template,
does not have the same white space between text boxes and image)

What do you mean by "template image"? Please tell us exactly where you're
currently seeing this, and in which version of Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Select the image in the template and use Insert | Picture | From File to
insert the desired image. It should be inserted at the same size and
position.

"jude" wrote in message
[...]

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?anVkZQ==?=,

how to replace a template image (avery 5164) with my own image,

replacing in
the exact same place so that I don't have to realign my image. (I've

also
noticed the first label on the right hand side is misaligned on the

template,
does not have the same white space between text boxes and image)

What do you mean by "template image"? Please tell us exactly where

you're
currently seeing this, and in which version of Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jude jude is offline

Thanks, I tried that already and the picture gets inserted below left. I
might need to go back to my page layout progrmas. Thanks for your help.

"jude" wrote in message
[...]

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?anVkZQ==?=,

how to replace a template image (avery 5164) with my own image,

replacing in
the exact same place so that I don't have to realign my image. (I've

also
noticed the first label on the right hand side is misaligned on the

template,
does not have the same white space between text boxes and image)

What do you mean by "template image"? Please tell us exactly where

you're
currently seeing this, and in which version of Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

directory mail merge: auto pop-up template for the final listing?? Ido Mailmerge 3 June 28th 06 02:09 PM
How to Open Template as Template NOT as '.doc' ? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 9 June 27th 06 12:13 AM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
difference between 'regular' template and global template? Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 7 July 15th 05 10:27 PM
CPU Usage When working with a Template I Created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 6 May 24th 05 04:38 PM