Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ooman ooman is offline

Default Viewing headers & footers by default

Word 2003

I have my "view" setting set to "Page Layout", yet when I open a page it
doesn't show the headrs/footiers.

Of course I can go into 'view' and select 'headers/footers' everytime, but I
don't want to do that everytime.

How can I change the default view to always show headers/footers?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I assume your document actually has text in the headers and/or footers. In
that case, you probably need to go to Tools Options and check "White space
between pages" (see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ooman wrote:
Word 2003

I have my "view" setting set to "Page Layout", yet when I open a page
it doesn't show the headrs/footiers.

Of course I can go into 'view' and select 'headers/footers'
everytime, but I don't want to do that everytime.

How can I change the default view to always show headers/footers?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ooman ooman is offline

Yes, there is text. And yes, your tip fixed things.

Jay, thank you for your prompt and spot-on answer!