Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Love Buzz

Default Fonts are in Windows/Fonts, but not in Word?

I am still on Windows 2000 and am using Word 2000. I can see Brush Script in
the Windows/Fonts and can print it on my printer. However, I cannot see the
font in MS Word.

Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TG92ZSBCdXp6?=,

I am still on Windows 2000 and am using Word 2000. I can see Brush Script in
the Windows/Fonts and can print it on my printer. However, I cannot see the
font in MS Word.

Does it appear in the list in Insert/Symbol?

If you need to use it, you should be able to type the name into the font
box/list, even if Word doesn't show it (although I admit I find it odd that Word
doesn't show it; I can remember that one, from long ago...).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Could it be a PostScript or printer-resident font? These will not be
displayed in Word if the option to "Show only TrueType fonts in the programs
on my computer" is selected on the TrueType tab of Folder Options in the
Fonts folder. That's the only reason I can think of that it would not be
displayed in the font list in Word if the printer can print it (if the
printer could not print it, that would be a different but equally
interesting issue).

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?TG92ZSBCdXp6?=,

I am still on Windows 2000 and am using Word 2000. I can see Brush

Script in
the Windows/Fonts and can print it on my printer. However, I cannot see

the
font in MS Word.

Does it appear in the list in Insert/Symbol?

If you need to use it, you should be able to type the name into the font
box/list, even if Word doesn't show it (although I admit I find it odd

that Word
doesn't show it; I can remember that one, from long ago...).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
[...] (if the printer could not print it, that would be a different but
equally interesting issue).

"Interesting" as in the Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times"...
http://www.noblenet.org/reference/inter.htm

;-) Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The first HP DeskJet I had (820c) was sold as a "Windows printer." It was
$100 cheaper than the equivalent model that could also print from DOS apps.
Since at the time I was using only Windows apps, I thought this would not be
a problem. Then I found out that it could print only TrueType fonts--no
PostScript.

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
[...] (if the printer could not print it, that would be a different but
equally interesting issue).

"Interesting" as in the Chinese curse "May you live in interesting

times"...
http://www.noblenet.org/reference/inter.htm

;-) Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke

It's been a while since I owned a DeskJet (645C I think it was).
I used PostScript fonts with ATM with older Windows versions, and later some
stripped down ATM was built into the OS, I think.
Likely the data was sent to the printer as graphics...

Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
The first HP DeskJet I had (820c) was sold as a "Windows printer." It was
$100 cheaper than the equivalent model that could also print from DOS
apps.
Since at the time I was using only Windows apps, I thought this would not
be
a problem. Then I found out that it could print only TrueType fonts--no
PostScript.

so
all may benefit.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
[...] (if the printer could not print it, that would be a different but
equally interesting issue).

"Interesting" as in the Chinese curse "May you live in interesting

times"...
http://www.noblenet.org/reference/inter.htm

;-) Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think even with ATM I couldn't print PostScript to that DeskJet. Another
limitation of PostScript that sometimes comes as an unpleasant surprise is
that you can't use PS fonts for WordArt. I use WordArt extremely rarely, but
when I do use it, it seems as often as not the font I really, really wanted
was a PostScript one!

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
It's been a while since I owned a DeskJet (645C I think it was).
I used PostScript fonts with ATM with older Windows versions, and later

some
stripped down ATM was built into the OS, I think.
Likely the data was sent to the printer as graphics...

Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
The first HP DeskJet I had (820c) was sold as a "Windows printer." It

was
$100 cheaper than the equivalent model that could also print from DOS
apps.
Since at the time I was using only Windows apps, I thought this would

not
be
a problem. Then I found out that it could print only TrueType fonts--no
PostScript.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.