Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dwain Dwain is offline

Default How to change default bullet & indentation setting?

I'm trying to change the default setting for bullets and indentation on MS
Word 2002 for a new document. I've created a style template for what I want,
but I haven't been able to figure out how to make it the default setting.

I want to be able to use different bullets with different indentations and
have them change when I use the Tab key.

Can you help me or do you know of a resource I can go to for this?
--
Dwain
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Dwain

Dwain wrote:
I'm trying to change the default setting for bullets and indentation on MS
Word 2002 for a new document. I've created a style template for what I want,
but I haven't been able to figure out how to make it the default setting.

I want to be able to use different bullets with different indentations and
have them change when I use the Tab key.

Best thing would be to forget about the bullets & numbering button.
Setup a hierarchy of bulleted styles (all based on your default bodytext
style) in an outline hierarchy according to the following articles:

See the section on "Numbering, bullets, Headings, Outlines" (by Shauna
Kelly)
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/

If you have three styles (say, list bullet, list bullet 2, list bullet
3) all part of an outline (meaning: you setup the bullet/first line
indent through the bullets & numbering definition of "list bullet" for
*all 3* styles in one go), you should be fine (and able to tab from one
to the other).

For more on the same subject, see:

How to restart style-based numbering (by Margaret Aldis)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm
Word's numbering explained (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

HTH
Robert
--