Derrick80

Default Copying TOC from one document to another new document

I have created a few docuemnts with TOC. When I try to copy this TOC to
another new MS Word document (by selecting the TOC, and paste it on the new
document), it seems okay with the layout, font format everything. But after I
click on "print preview", the page numbers are all replaced by "ERROR!
BOOKMARK NOT DEFINED".

I would like to keep my documents in smaller managable module (in smaller
word files). When I try to 'merge' the TOC from all those documents, I really
have a big headache to re-type all the page numbers again.

I would like to keep the TOC font formats, layouts as the same as original
after I merge the TOC. Is there any way can help in this?
Luc

Derrick80,
Don't know if this will help but here it goes.
That's normal behaviour, if there are no pages to relate to there will be no
pagenumbers to show.
Once you pasted your TOC in a new document, select the whole thing and press
Ctrl+Shift+F9, now your pagenumbers will stay put. Your numbered titles will
revert to the hyperlink style. Which you can modify.
I'm afraid that's not quite what you expected but maybe someone else will
have better ideas.
Luc
"Derrick80" schreef in bericht
I have created a few docuemnts with TOC. When I try to copy this TOC to
another new MS Word document (by selecting the TOC, and paste it on the

new
document), it seems okay with the layout, font format everything. But

after I
click on "print preview", the page numbers are all replaced by "ERROR!
BOOKMARK NOT DEFINED".

I would like to keep my documents in smaller managable module (in smaller
word files). When I try to 'merge' the TOC from all those documents, I

really
have a big headache to re-type all the page numbers again.

I would like to keep the TOC font formats, layouts as the same as original
after I merge the TOC. Is there any way can help in this?

Luc

Derrick80,
Oh, before I forget you could also copy and paste special choosing a
picture. Of course you will not be able to modify it in any way.
Luc
"Derrick80" schreef in bericht
I have created a few docuemnts with TOC. When I try to copy this TOC to
another new MS Word document (by selecting the TOC, and paste it on the

new
document), it seems okay with the layout, font format everything. But

after I
click on "print preview", the page numbers are all replaced by "ERROR!
BOOKMARK NOT DEFINED".

I would like to keep my documents in smaller managable module (in smaller
word files). When I try to 'merge' the TOC from all those documents, I

really
have a big headache to re-type all the page numbers again.

I would like to keep the TOC font formats, layouts as the same as original
after I merge the TOC. Is there any way can help in this?

Derrick80

Hi Luc,

I think this helps.
I just remove the underline and change the font color after the
Ctrl+Shift+F9. This can help to keep the layout and the page number of the
documents. Still not yet find any problem with this suggestion.

I think this is a good one indeed. Thank you very much!!

Derrick