Pat Cortez

Default Need multiple Ifs in Merge Fields

Hi Doug. Thanks for your continued help. There is a field holding either
the word "Business" or "Home". This determines whether to go onto the next
decision whether to print the Company name or not. Hope this helps to
understand the question. What I'm after is the syntax for a multiple IF
statement I could use during a merge. Thanks again.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Who is determining what sort of address it is, you or the computer? What
does the "test" amount to?

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Pat Cortez" wrote in message
Doug, thanks for your reply but I've tried this before and it isn't
enough.
Let me try to explain a little more. Sometimes the mailing address is a
home
address, not always a business address. What is happening is that the
home
address shows up with a company name, not good. So that is why I need to
test first to see if the mailing address is a business address and then if
it
is, to add the Company name, otherwise don't. I believe what I need is
the
syntax for a nested IF. Hope you've got a solution. Thanks in advance.
Pat

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

If the company name is going to change for each record, it would be far
better to add a field to the data source to contain the name.

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "yourmergefieldthatmaycontainBusiness" } = "Business" {
MERGEFIELD "CompanyName" } "" }

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Pat Cortez" Pat wrote in message
During the merge, I would like to test (1) if a field is "Business"
then
type
in Company name If it is not blank. I'm using the If..Then..Else to do
this.
Can someone supply the syntax for this using multiple IFs? Thanks!

Doug Robbins

The field will look something like:

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Thefieldthatwillcontaineitherbusinessorhome" } =
"Business" { MERGEFIELD "Companynamemergefield" } "" }

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP