Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
larry larry is offline

Default Attaching a Word File

I just discovered this also applies to an Excel file, but most often the
Attach fails when attaching a Word file to my Rogers Yahoo mail that I have
just composed and want to send out. This does not occur when attaching for
example a PDF file or an MP3 file, which of course are very large. The attach
function just keeps running and never does attach the Word(or Excel) file.
Sometimes if I move the file from a folder to the desktop or vice versa in
works, but that might be co-incidental because the problem is intermittent
but mostly fails.
I am on an internet 'light' package and have a 5 year old modem and a router.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is probably something to do with Yahoo - does zipping the file (always
advisable with documents) help?

Larry wrote:
I just discovered this also applies to an Excel file, but most often
the Attach fails when attaching a Word file to my Rogers Yahoo mail
that I have just composed and want to send out. This does not occur
when attaching for example a PDF file or an MP3 file, which of course
are very large. The attach function just keeps running and never does
attach the Word(or Excel) file. Sometimes if I move the file from a
folder to the desktop or vice versa in works, but that might be
co-incidental because the problem is intermittent but mostly fails.
I am on an internet 'light' package and have a 5 year old modem and a
router. Any ideas?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
larry larry is offline

Graham, thanks for the reply.
I have asked friends of mine to try the same exercise and they don't have
any trouble. Co-incidentally I am going to my sister's now with a couple of
file samples to try on her Rogers(ISP provider) Yahoo mail system.
Unfortunately I do not have a zip program as I have just started up my own
business, and have not got around to getting it yet.
Larry