Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
aholderread aholderread is offline

Default How do I email and HTML format mail merge?

Hello!

I've been trying to use mail merge to send an HTML format email. For some
reason, the mail will send if I choose the plain text or attachment options,
but will not send when I select the HTML option in the very last prompt
screen before sending (merge electronic mail). Does anyone know why? Do I
need to change a something in my Microsoft Outlook settings??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You must be using the full Outlook (not Outlook Express). You probably need
to be using the same version of Outlook as Word (i.e. WOrd 2003+OL2003, Word
XP+OL XP (and HTML merges weren't available before Word XP.

Several people have reported that HTML mails just disappear, but I've only
seen one explanation, specifically that the problem went away when a COM
Addin called "bxAutoZip" was (temporarily) disabled - see Outlook
Tools|Options|Other|Advanced Options|COM Addins. It may be that other
add-ins also cause this problem. If that is the problem, it would be helpful
if you could post back and tell us which add-in was the cause. If it isn't,
I don't know how to solve this one.

Peter Jamieson

"aholderread" wrote in message
Hello!

I've been trying to use mail merge to send an HTML format email. For some
reason, the mail will send if I choose the plain text or attachment
options,
but will not send when I select the HTML option in the very last prompt
screen before sending (merge electronic mail). Does anyone know why? Do
need to change a something in my Microsoft Outlook settings??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
aholderread aholderread is offline

Thanks a lot for answering my post!

I actually figured this one out. I was running Outlook and Office 2002. I
did two things in between trying to send emails before it started working.

1. I went into toolsoptionsotheradvanced options and checked the box
that said "enable mail loggin (troubleshooting)" Then restarted Outlook.

2. I updated my office software, but it said that the installation was
unsuccessful, so I don't think that was the key.

I hope this helps other people who are having the same problem!

Thanks again,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, thanks for posting back.

If your update was unsuccessful it sounds as if there is a configuration
problem of some kind, but if there are no further symptoms, I guess you can
forget about it for now.