Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Debra Ann

Default Automatic Numbers in Table Cell

I have a table where the first column has automatic numbers. I have a macro
that copies the next number and pastes it (unformatted text) somewhere else
in the document.

This works fine if I'm copying and pasting unformatted text from regular
numbered paragraphs but it does not work when I am pasting unformatted text
from a table. With the table, it continues to only give me the #1. Is there
a way of getting the actual number you are copying?

--
Debra Ann
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Do you get a different result if you make sure NOT to include the
end-of-cell marker as you copy the numbered paragraph? (If you need
more information about displaying markers in Word, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.)

Alternatively, instead of pasting as unformatted text, you can use
InsertReferenceCross-Reference (InsertCross-Reference in Word
2000/97) to create references to your numbered paragraphs.

The Cross-Reference dialog box inserts REF fields which you can update
to match changes in the numbered list. To update all cross-references
(and other fields), just select the entire document and press F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
I have a table where the first column has automatic numbers. I have

a macro
that copies the next number and pastes it (unformatted text)

somewhere else
in the document.

This works fine if I'm copying and pasting unformatted text from

regular
numbered paragraphs but it does not work when I am pasting

unformatted text
from a table. With the table, it continues to only give me the #1.

Is there
a way of getting the actual number you are copying?

--
Debra Ann

How do I apply a double underline in a table cell? taklak Tables 2 April 30th 23 08:51 AM
caption in a table cell janh Tables 8 April 11th 06 06:40 PM
Copy text from word document to cell of a table [email protected] Tables 1 October 3rd 05 04:19 AM
Table headers/footers and layout Keith Page Layout 1 April 8th 05 07:37 PM
My Table numbers keep changing as I add more tables to my doc..... AC Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 05 12:26 AM