Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grammy of 7 Grammy of 7 is offline

Default Letthead on only the first page of a letter

I have a template made. And I want too type a letter with more than one page
and I don't want the letterhead on the second page. What should I do to
correct this problem.

Thanks, -
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Set up the letterhead information in the First Page Header. To do this, set
up any information that you want in the header of pages other than the
first, then click on the Page Set up button on the Headers and Footers
toolbar (it looks like an Open Book) and go to the Layout tab of the Page
Setup dialog and check the Different first page box. Then click on OK. You
will then see a First Page header page and set up the letter head
information in that.

When you use the template and if the text runs to a second page, that page
will have the header information that you inserted into the header and
footer page before selecting the Different first page option.

You will need to do the same thing with any information in the footer that
you want different between the first page and the subsequent pages.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Grammy of 7" Grammy of wrote in message
I have a template made. And I want too type a letter with more than one
page
and I don't want the letterhead on the second page. What should I do to
correct this problem.

Thanks, -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

For complete instructions, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"Grammy of 7" Grammy of wrote in message
I have a template made. And I want too type a letter with more than one

page
and I don't want the letterhead on the second page. What should I do to
correct this problem.

Thanks, -

Number of pages should restart with section page numbers Jim B Microsoft Word Help 7 March 12th 06 02:13 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Convert to Symbols Omar Menjivar Microsoft Word Help 7 June 27th 05 07:32 PM
section breaks change each time opening document Dave Microsoft Word Help 6 March 21st 05 11:01 AM
(2003) Different first page when using letter wizard Miss Perspicacia Tick Formatting Long Documents 3 January 11th 05 10:20 PM