Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sami Sami is offline

Default How do I print documents with a background?

I can't seem to print a document with a background. I have checked Tools
Options Print Background printing , but it doesn't seem to work. It is
not showing up on print preview either.

Can anyone please help? Thanks,
Sami

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

'Background printing' means that the printing goes on in the background of
the computer's operations (ie while you do other work in the foreground).
It's got nothing to do with the content of the document.

In your case, what happens if you put the background image in a new document
and print that? -- if that doesn't work either, it may be that the graphic
is something your printer can't handle.

"Sami" wrote in message
I can't seem to print a document with a background. I have checked Tools
Options Print Background printing , but it doesn't seem to work. It is
not showing up on print preview either.

Can anyone please help? Thanks,
Sami

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

It depends upon the type of installation you have done intially. Normally,
this functions works properly.

When you print the document in the background, the status of the document is
dispalyed on the status bar.

Challa Prabhu

"Sami" wrote:

I can't seem to print a document with a background. I have checked Tools
Options Print Background printing , but it doesn't seem to work. It is
not showing up on print preview either.

Can anyone please help? Thanks,
Sami

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As Jezebel says, "Background printing" does not refer to printing of the
background. If you have used Format | Background, you have created a
background intended for a Web page, not a printed page. In Word 2003 (only),
you can choose to print this by checking the box for "Print background
colors and images" on the Print tab of Tools | Options. In previous
versions, the only way to accomplish this is to save the document as a Web
page, view it in a browser, and print from the browser with the printing of
background colors enabled in the Internet Options.

To create a printable background in Word 2002 and earlier, create a
"watermark." In Word 2002 and 2003, you can use Format | Background |
Printed Watermark. For earlier versions, see €œHOW TO: Create a Watermark in
Word 97 and in Microsoft Word 2000€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324