pnp

Default Automatic updating fields in Word 2000 Sp3

Hi

I need some confirmation or the opposite.
If i have two fields in my word document, one in document body and the other
in document footer. Both are pointing at a custom property.
{ DOCPROPERTY property1 \* MERGEFORMAT }

When the document is loaded the field in the footer is automatically updated
- but the one in the body aint. Can this be true?

If yes - is there any other way than writing VBA open method doing this for
me, i can get the field in the body updated at load.

Hope somebody has a good answer.
Shauna Kelly

Hi pnp

When the document is loaded the field in the footer is automatically
updated
- but the one in the body aint. Can this be true?

Yes.

If yes - is there any other way than writing VBA open method doing this
for
me, i can get the field in the body updated at load.

Probably not. For the last word on the subject, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q211629/.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"pnp" wrote in message
Hi

I need some confirmation or the opposite.
If i have two fields in my word document, one in document body and the
other
in document footer. Both are pointing at a custom property.
{ DOCPROPERTY property1 \* MERGEFORMAT }

When the document is loaded the field in the footer is automatically
updated
- but the one in the body aint. Can this be true?

If yes - is there any other way than writing VBA open method doing this
for
me, i can get the field in the body updated at load.

Hope somebody has a good answer.

pnp

Thanks... It did help.

Now i know that my answer to the next level in the chain was correct.. :-)
At least somebody else backed me up in this.

Have a nice weekend.. :-)

Hi pnp

"pnp" wrote in message
Hi

I need some confirmation or the opposite.
If i have two fields in my word document, one in document body and the
other
in document footer. Both are pointing at a custom property.
{ DOCPROPERTY property1 \* MERGEFORMAT }

When the document is loaded the field in the footer is automatically
updated
- but the one in the body aint. Can this be true?

If yes - is there any other way than writing VBA open method doing this
for
me, i can get the field in the body updated at load.

Hope somebody has a good answer.

Shauna Kelly

Hi pnp

No.

Or to be more precise, not that I'm aware of, and I haven't been able to
locate an equivalent article from Microsoft about Word 2003.

"pnp" wrote in message
One more thing...

Just a simple yes/no - does this behaviour change in office 2003?

Hi pnp