Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dusty

Default unmerge a group of cells

Using a work document I made a table and merged some cells, wrote something
in it and moved on. Now I want to unmerge the cell so the 1 cell can go back
to being 2 cells. how do I unmerge a group of cells that I mergered earlier?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

There's no unmerge. You can split a cell (Table Split Cells), which should
get you back to where you were; but be aware that Word tables are very
complex beasts, so if you do much of this you run the risk of table
corruption. You might be better to insert a new row with the right number of
cells, then copy the cell content.