Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Abhishek Dadu Abhishek Dadu is offline

Default Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments - NEED HELP Please....

Hello,

I have tried to follow the steps mentioned by you, in the link below,
verbattim:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

But, still I am quite UNABLE to send the "mail merge with attachment"
successfully (tried both with 1 attachment & 2 attachment) . I am not
getting any error BUT the VB script continues to show the output as: "0
messages sent" & there is no activity in my Outlook 2007 mailbox.
Please Note: [I have tried the basic mail merge without the attachment with
MS Word 2007, and it works just fine with Outlook 2007.]

I have a requirement to send 2 attachments to my recepients. Have done the
following:

1) Created the VB scriot and assigned it as a macro in Word 2007
2) Downloaded and installed the utility - Express Click Yes 1.2
3) Used the same data source for email addresses, attachments and other
contact details.
4) Attached is the Word 07 document created - with the MACRO along with it.
5) Matched the diredtory path of the attachment, and tested it too to ensure
its correct.

Will really appreciate any help extended.

Many Thanks,
Abhishek.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Does the non-Pro version of Express Click Yes actually work with Outlook
2007 (the product info. page suggests that it does not) ?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Abhishek Dadu" Abhishek wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Is it even necessary with Office 2007? I have not seen the prompt for some
time - I do however have MAPILabs Outlook mailmerge toolkit installed
(which incidentally should overcome the OP's problem also - though it is
not a no cost addition) which may affect the outcome?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You're right, the merge with attachment procedure doesn't need it - I assume
that the way that the Outlook object model behaves was changed.

(You still get the dialogs when doing direct merge to emails to Outlook that
use plain text or attachment, though not HTML, as with 2003. The MAPILabs
toolkit may well alter that behaviour).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Is it even necessary with Office 2007? I have not seen the prompt for some
time - I do however have MAPILabs Outlook mailmerge toolkit installed
(which incidentally should overcome the OP's problem also - though it is
not a no cost addition) which may affect the outcome?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How very odd. The messages do pop up when you merge to email as plain text
but not as html, and ClickYes does suppress them in Outlook 2007.
The MAPILabs Toolkit suppresses the messages whichever format you select. It
also allows you to pick which e-mail account you want to send the messages
from

Peter Jamieson wrote:
You're right, the merge with attachment procedure doesn't need it - I
assume that the way that the Outlook object model behaves was changed.

(You still get the dialogs when doing direct merge to emails to
Outlook that use plain text or attachment, though not HTML, as with
2003. The MAPILabs toolkit may well alter that behaviour).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Is it even necessary with Office 2007? I have not seen the prompt
for some time - I do however have MAPILabs Outlook mailmerge toolkit
installed (which incidentally should overcome the OP's problem also
- though it is not a no cost addition) which may affect the outcome?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Well, the way Word sends emails when it does a merge is different from the
way the "merge with attachments" does it. Merge with attachments basically
uses the Outlook Object model via automation, whereas I suspect (but do not
know for sure) that Word mailmerge uses MAPI rather than the Outlook object
model. It's difficult to know with applications where the source code is not
available. However, I am pretty sure that when you used the Outlook object
model in Office 2003, you needed ClickYes even for the merge with
attachments, as Doug's page suggests.

AIUI Outlook is supposed to "protect itself" whichever route you take, and I
think most implementations that work around that use the Outlook Redemption
library or something like it. I'd have thought ClickYes intercepts the
Windows messages that display the security dialog and inject the appropriate
keystroke messages so it wasn't completely clear why the non-Pro version
would /not/ work with Office 2007 unless the authors had deliberately
disabled that facility.

It's also possible that I have some leftover MAPILabs stuff that means
Outlook object access is smoother, but I don't think I have.

--

Peter Jamieson wrote:
You're right, the merge with attachment procedure doesn't need it - I
assume that the way that the Outlook object model behaves was changed.

(You still get the dialogs when doing direct merge to emails to
Outlook that use plain text or attachment, though not HTML, as with
2003. The MAPILabs toolkit may well alter that behaviour).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Is it even necessary with Office 2007? I have not seen the prompt
for some time - I do however have MAPILabs Outlook mailmerge toolkit
installed (which incidentally should overcome the OP's problem also
- though it is not a no cost addition) which may affect the outcome?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rita LnRRigB Rita LnRRigB is offline

Default Mail Merge to E-mail - NEED HELP Please....

I've been trying to send a confirmation notices. I merge a file from Access
to word, then want to send in the body of the email the confirmation. I
don't want to send as attachment. I'm finding several people can't open the
attachment. So then I have to cut and paste.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Rita