Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beetle Bailey Beetle Bailey is offline

Default Auto Textline Adjustment

I'm building a form for employees to fill out. One of the fixed sections is
for Narratives with 15-16 visible horizontal lines. I want the visible lines
in the section to print evenly (each line the same length - not justified).
However, when a line of text reaches the end of the line and more text is
typed, the line breaks and starts on a new line, which it's supposed to, but
the first line breaks short if the text is not exact and so the visible stops
where the text ends. What I want is for each line to be a Fixed width and
stay as such even if the text is not exact.

How do I get the text to break to a new line, but the text horizontal line
to run to the end of the line margin?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:56:05 -0800, Beetle Bailey Beetle
wrote:

I'm building a form for employees to fill out. One of the fixed sections is
for Narratives with 15-16 visible horizontal lines. I want the visible lines
in the section to print evenly (each line the same length - not justified).
However, when a line of text reaches the end of the line and more text is
typed, the line breaks and starts on a new line, which it's supposed to, but
the first line breaks short if the text is not exact and so the visible stops
where the text ends. What I want is for each line to be a Fixed width and
stay as such even if the text is not exact.

How do I get the text to break to a new line, but the text horizontal line
to run to the end of the line margin?

I think you've just run three times around the barn to describe text whose
paragraph style includes "Justified" alignment.

You can create a new style or modify an existing style
(
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html) so the Alignment
setting in the Paragraph dialog says "Justified". Apply that style to the text
(or the empty paragraph mark) in that section
(http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...lyAStyle.html).

If this is the only place in the form where this kind of formatting is needed, a
style isn't strictly necessary. You can apply Justified format to the paragraph
by putting the cursor there and pressing Ctrl+J.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No, I think he means an actual fill-in-the-blanks line to extend to the edge
even if the text stops short. This can be done with graphic lines, as
described at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BeetleBailey BeetleBailey is offline

I've read the info at the link provided, but that's not the answer.

The form that is being created is to document Incidents, Complaints,
Suggestions, etc. The Narrative area that is being provided is fill-in the
blank, however when the Text form field reaches the end of the margin it adds
a line and continues the text causing the form to move downward.

I do want the text to wrap, but to the next available. I don't want it
creating another line. I've tried using Text Form Field Maximum Length, but
it only stops at that point and not continue to the next line, as I hoped it
would.
-
He Who Plans for this Life, but Not for Eternity is Wise for a Moment, but a
FOOL FOREVER!!!
Where Will YOU Spend ETERNITY???

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You put the desired number of (graphic) lines in a text form field in a
table cell with exact height specified. Although more text can be added, it
will not be displayed or print. Note, however, that if this form is to be
used only online, having actual lines is pointless and a lot of extra
trouble, but if you insist on them, then their position should be defined
relative to the paragraph (which means the first line of the paragraph), and
they will stay put regardless of how much text is entered.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

[...]

newsgroup
so all may benefit.

Is there a Justified White Space Adjustment? JeffP-> Page Layout 1 April 10th 08 05:39 PM
Do the size adjustment clara Tables 1 April 18th 07 05:52 PM
screenview adjustment Freddy[_2_] New Users 3 April 15th 07 02:18 AM
adjustment of space of the tabulations and far from being logical DM Microsoft Word Help 1 May 28th 06 02:11 PM
Table Sizing/Adjustment CVL Tables 1 May 14th 06 11:16 AM