Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

Default Deleting styles

I use OCR software to get faxed or mailed documents into Word 2003. This works quite well,
requiring not too much editing. But I am left with as many as 50 styles, created by the
OCR. Not difficult to highlight the whole document and change it all to normal and then go
through and pick up italics or bold, etc. But the styles stay alive, and to remove them
one at a time -- including the "Do you want to . . ." box -- is tedious. Is there a faster
way?

rs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Running a macro containing the following code should get rid of all of the
styles:

With ActiveDocument.Range
.Style = wdStyleNormal
.Font.Reset
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

I use OCR software to get faxed or mailed documents into Word 2003. This
works quite well,
requiring not too much editing. But I am left with as many as 50 styles,
created by the
OCR. Not difficult to highlight the whole document and change it all to
normal and then go
through and pick up italics or bold, etc. But the styles stay alive, and
to remove them
one at a time -- including the "Do you want to . . ." box -- is tedious.
Is there a faster
way?

rs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

Many thanks, Doug.

rs

: Running a macro containing the following code should get rid of all of the
: styles:
:
: With ActiveDocument.Range
: .Style = wdStyleNormal
: .Font.Reset
: End With
:
:
: --
: Hope this helps.
:
: Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
: services on a paid consulting basis.
:
: Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
: ...