Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Normal.dotx

We are using Office 2007 on Windows XP workstations.
With previous versions of Office the Normal template, Normal.dot, was saved
to C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Date\Microsoft\Templates.
It was easy to deploy updates to the Normal template as company policy
dictated. We didnt do this often, but there were times when certain
prescribed items needed to be added to the computers of certain departments.
I have created a new template for the use of 26 people (Normal.dotx) and
when I save it to there computers, it seems to change certain of the features
that are built-in and active on my computer.
Has something changed that I am not aware of? I cant seem to figure out why
copying the template into the Templates folder does not seem to work.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The default Normal template in Word 2007 is Normal.dotm. But note that you
cannot "create" the Normal template.

http://word.mvps.org

"PA" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Thank you.
I was "confused" with the various flavors of dot*. One of these days, that
little light bulb will ignite over my head (re Office 2007). Thank goodness
for you and your collegues.

And I didnt really mean create, what I did mean was modify and then replace
on a number of computers at the same time.

"PA" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gayla Gayla is offline

I don't know how to apply my styles to normal.dotx. 2007 HELP says to click
open Word Templates and normal.dotm will show up but it doesn't. How do I
set the default styles to my styles?

"PA" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You don't need to open Normal.dotm to do this. Modify the styles as desired
and be sure to choose the radio button for "All new documents based on this
template." To choose which styles are displayed, use the Style Manager.

http://word.mvps.org

Normal.dotx PA New Users 5 March 27th 09 09:02 PM
Normal.dotx sweetchips Microsoft Word Help 1 October 2nd 08 08:23 AM
change normal.dotx for mandatory profile in domain laurie_g Microsoft Word Help 5 September 11th 08 07:34 AM
Create a document that has a template without showing normal.dotx Totem Microsoft Word Help 1 April 24th 08 10:09 AM
dokumentelementer i 2007 - i normal.dotx eller buildingblocks.dotx Laila Microsoft Word Help 1 April 12th 08 01:05 AM