Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HalH HalH is offline

Default Closing a Document

When I close a document Word closes also. Then I have to open Word to open
another document. I've looked through settings to find a way to close a
document without closing Word without any luck. Excel has the ability to
close a worksheet without closing the program.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

HalH wrote:
When I close a document Word closes also. Then I have to open Word
to open another document. I've looked through settings to find a way
to close a document without closing Word without any luck. Excel has
the ability to close a worksheet without closing the program.

Use one of the shorcuts Ctrl+W or Ctrl+F4, or use the Close command on the
File menu or the Office button.

If you have Word 2007, you can right-click the Close command on the Office
button and choose to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman