Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jeni Q

Default DDE Connection - What is going on?

I work at a company of about 40 and we are just now experiencing this
problem as well. What a headache! Not only can we not run the merges we've
had set up in the past (that all ran like clockwork) but documents that were
created and populated with merge data are now no longer opening.

What change has occurred? I hope someone can shed some light on this - this
problem is clearly new and very very naughty. Was there an Office update
recently? I will check with my sysadmin to find out if we've done any
updates recently. Otherwise we're running Office 2000 SP3 (9.0.7616) on
Windows 2000 and have been in this environment for at least 2 years now.

At the least, I'm hoping that there will be a way to recover the documents
that are currently un-openable b/c it can't establish a DDE connection.

Someone please help!

Thanks,
Jennifer Q