bartsman

Default Default ruler and window size settings

I've upgraded to Office 2003 on XP. All word documents load
automatically as full screen with the ruler showing. Il there some
way to change the default load settings?
TIA
Pat Garard

G'Day Bartsman,

...as full screen ...

In general, each time you open Word, its Screen size will
be the same as when it was last closed. I don't believe there
is a way to override this.

...with the ruler showing ...

Menubar:
ViewRuler (toggles the Horizontal Ruler ON/OFF)
Again, Word will re-open with the Ruler in the state as last
closed.
(Vertical Ruler: see ToolsOptionsView (tab), where there
is a checkbox)
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

bartsman wrote in message
I've upgraded to Office 2003 on XP. All word documents load
automatically as full screen with the ruler showing. Il there some
way to change the default load settings?
TIA

TF

To follow on from Pat's reply, if you open a document, do a simple edit,
change view to PrintPreview of Normal View and save the document, does Word
remember the setting and open in the closed view next time?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/