Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
turkmah turkmah is offline

Default Paragraphs

At the top of the screen for Word 2002 there is an icon for paragraphs that
looks like a backwards "P" with the top of the "P" blackened. If pressed it
appears at the end of every line in the document with a hard return. The
problem I have is now that it's on, I can't get it to shut off. I have tried
uninstalling Office XP, but once I reinstaled Office XP it is still on. What
can I do to get it to shut off? It is on for every document that is in word.
I have tried click the paragraph icon but it stays on.
--
turkmah
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The problem could be this:
Select Tools Options View tab. Below €śFormatting marks€ť, is €śParagraph
marks€ť checked? If this is the case, uncheck it.

Note that the ¶ in the Standard toolbar corresponds to the €śAll€ť button
(found to the right of the €śParagraph marks€ť button) on the View tab. Even if
you turn off the ¶ in the Standard toolbar, any other of the settings below
€śFormatting marks€ť on the View tab will remain unchanged.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"turkmah" wrote:

At the top of the screen for Word 2002 there is an icon for paragraphs that
looks like a backwards "P" with the top of the "P" blackened. If pressed it
appears at the end of every line in the document with a hard return. The
problem I have is now that it's on, I can't get it to shut off. I have tried
uninstalling Office XP, but once I reinstaled Office XP it is still on. What
can I do to get it to shut off? It is on for every document that is in word.
I have tried click the paragraph icon but it stays on.
--
turkmah

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that your problem is solved.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg