adobe reader

Old June 3rd 10, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stewart[_2_]

Default adobe reader

JoAnn, that is what I had in mind; to use the snipping tool (windows 7) and
then use MS Word 2007 but I do not know how to get it to read a screen shot
using OCR.
The long way round would be to print the bits I want from Adobe Reader, then
scan back in and use OCR to get into word format.
That is cumbersome.
The camera is Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS10 and on first use it seems to be a
beauty. I still have my older cameras, A Zeiss Contarex single lens reflex
(too heavy now), a Nikon underwater (no longer use) and an Olympus compact
(heavy for my pocket) so I can make comparisons.
Thanks again.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
What about using screenshots, use OCR, and then convert to Word?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stewart" wrote in message
The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not
permit me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I
want.
My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted and have
a small compact note to go in the camera pouch.
Thanks again.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print
the entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document,
have you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF through
Adobe Reader?

http://word.mvps.org

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Old June 3rd 10, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt

Security in pdf is overrated, it's just a suggestion for pdf viewers to
implement such a thing. There exist viewers which completely ignore all
security settings. Downside is, they are mostly viewers on linux based
systems, not Windows.

Yves

Old June 4th 10, 06:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Finereader OCR software would extract whatever you select in the document to
a Word document, It even comes with a screenshot reader applet that allows
you to copy anything you see on screen to a Word document (or a whole raft
of other places).

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old June 4th 10, 12:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stewart[_2_]

Graham, I have now installed Microsoft Office Document Imaging and that
enables me to scan with OCR a document into Word; the draw back is that the
image has to be in TIFF format so again it is a bit cumbersome.
The copied document no longer had its format so I have to do that myself.

Old June 4th 10, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

If you open the saved TIFF in something like the Free IrfanView, you can convert it to any graphics format. IrfanView supports over 100 graphic formats.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Old June 4th 10, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

That's why I suggested Finereader

Finereader is a fully functional OCR package which handles PDF directly,
whereas MODI isn't and doesn't

Old July 5th 10, 10:57 AM
ascon ascon is offline

You can print threetire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document.
Old July 22nd 18, 11:33 AM
jsrana jsrana is offline
Banned

Originally Posted by ascon View Post
You can print threetire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document.
thanks
private detective agency in delhi
Old March 14th 19, 09:59 AM
Big_Dru Big_Dru is offline

Location: Canada

Hi, I think you can copy all the instructions in Word. I had a similar situation, only with the instruction on a hoverboard. I bought it a month ago, after I read the article:breakingnews.ie/business/why-are-a-back-to-the-future-hoverboard-and-delorean-being-used-to-protest-outside-parliament-701639.htm. I dropped all the instructions in the Word, and he recognized the text perfectly.
I hope that you will succeed.

Last edited by Big_Dru : March 14th 19 at 10:04 AM.

Launching Adobe Reader on PDF Creation RizzKid Microsoft Word Help 0 February 10th 10 05:34 PM
Saving Word to Adobe Reader Ant Microsoft Word Help 7 April 4th 07 04:56 AM
Flipping between Word and Adobe Reader Foxtrotsky Microsoft Word Help 7 May 27th 06 10:56 PM
Adobe Reader FUSTRATED Page Layout 1 January 12th 06 02:45 PM
Creating & sending Adobe Reader (pdf) files Sheila Renee Microsoft Word Help 3 May 18th 05 03:59 AM